Friday, May 22, 2009

Brain Slug


My turquoise brain slug turned out rather small and a bit fluffy, because of the leftover yarn I used. A couple of weeks ago, I got a whole bag of different wool yarns from a colleague, who had got it from her late mother in law. And because she herself is totally uninterested in craftmanship, she gave it to me. The material isn't my favorite, I'm more of a soft acrylic/cotton-mix person, but I'm trying to use yarn from the gift I got, 'cause I like the re-use thought and the love that lies inherented in the balls.

Since I don't got any felt at home, I had to embroider the eye. I'm not very good at it, so I wouldn't give this creature to a small child if I didn't want it to be absolutely slaughtered. But it can sit on a little shelf and just be adorable, that's alright with me :)

You can too make yourself a brain slug! The pattern can be found here!



No comments:

Post a Comment