Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Next project

My next little project is a brain slug! Since Totoro ate most of my fiber fill, I'll have to make something rather small until the paycheck comes... But don't feel sorry for me, 'cause I found a wonderful pattern at hookandneedles, and I just HAVE to try it out! :)


Brain slugs are an parasitic, invertebrate species native to the Brain Slug Planet, which feed on cognitive energy in the form of the Alpha and Delta brainwaves. They attach themselves to their victims by using their adhesive slime to the scalp. The host's personality becomes totally supressed and their body is controlled by the slug. Brain slugs have a single, rudimentary eye that can only see the heat signatures of their prey, but they gain the use of their host's senses when they begin feeding. The slugs, as a species, are telepathically linked but prone to communicate with one another through their hosts.

The slugs will attack their hosts by crawling up their bodies until they reach the cranium. The only sure way to prevent infestation is to wear a helmet on the Brain Slug homeworld and use a garlic shampoo when in close proximity to an infested individual.
(Copypasted and slightly edited from http://www.gotfuturama.com)

The only drawback is that I don't have the right yarn color at home. I mean, I would prefer a sligtly neon green yarn, but the closest I can get right now is a turquoise one! What kind of brain slug would that be?? But I think I'll go for it anyway. It's not like I have any plans for the turqouise yarn anyway...



No comments:

Post a Comment